Yakimix with Friends

Yakimix MOA

Php 580 per head weekends /499 weekdays

My friends and I went out last June 4 and decided to try out Yakimix at MOA in lieu of our planned swimming at Club Manila East (long story how that happened). Anyway we reserved a seat for 3 for diner at around 2:30 pm and were number 5 on the list. We decided to reserve early because we were not able to get in at their Trinoma branch because the number was already at 50+ at around 4:30 pm. Yes, you can just imagine how many people had to wait to get seated. We wondered if the long wait would be worth it. Anyway, we got back at 5 or so pm because the guard said we have to be early because they might start calling out earlier than 5:30. No, they did not; they opened at around 5:40 and the line for people who wanted to reserve seats was really long. We were glad that we reserved earlier.

(L-R Me, Cynthia & Melissa)

So at around 5:40 they called the names on the list and had us seated. No, we were not given the chance to choose where we wanted to sit. Knowing how long the line on the buffet table would get I immediately proceeded to the sushi bar. I got a plate full of all sorts of sushi, maki and sashimi. Then I got another plate and filled that with assorted fish, meats and seafood balls. Only after that did I get my proper meal. I had everything from the tasty omelets (at least I think that was an omelets) to the usual sweet and sour fish fillet and other delectable treats. I missed the tempura because they took so long in refilling it that I decided to come back for it; when I did there was no longer the tempura plate.

We got down to the feast on our table and sure enough it was fulfilling. I love the sushi and all but the rice and assortment of dish are just above average and not exceptional. The grilling part is also good, the choices are wide range, so there is something good for everyone. However, since grilling takes time, I suddenly found myself full and I only had the sushis by then. This never happened to me in my other buffet dining experiences. So by the time I got to the main course I was already full. So there's your catch, don't grill for everybody if you want to get the best out of your money in this resto.

The desserts are feast to the eye. Yes, only to the eye because once again they are not that exceptional. There are the different cakes, fruits and Selecta ice cream with your choice of toppings. For the cakes, well there are better cakes out there. Ever had Lemon Square's Whatta Tops Strawberry Cream? They are just slightly inferior than the cakes at Yakimix. The fruits, well I did not pay P580 to eat watermelon and mangoes and the likes. As for the Selecta ice cream, I would have to say that yes Selecta is the best among the local ice creams but that is for the home not for P580 buffet. As for the drinks, we did not have them but they are different flavored sodas and iced teas. The colors are wonderful though.

All in all, it was good and worth it. But for that same price (at least around that price) Dad's is still the contender. I would eat again at Yakimix, sure why not, but only if there is no way I can go to Dad's. In fact, after Yakimix, I wanted to eat at Dad's.

Comments

Popular Posts